For almost 30 years Vermont Compost has produced composts, potting soils, and eggs year-round and currently employs approximately twenty humans, a couple of hundred chickens, and a half dozen equines. If you are interested in joining our workforce as our business continues to grow and evolve, please send your résumé and a brief cover letter to Kurt Ericksen: email@example.com
We are currently accepting applications for a Sales Associate.
The Sales Associate supports all tasks related to the sales department, and particularly how that department interfaces with the fulfillment department. This position will provide direct assistance to the sales team and the fulfillment team in efforts to further enhance sales, customer service, the fulfillment of orders, and the flow of information between the two departments. A positive attitude, flexibility and attention to detail are essential for success in this position. This position requires a high-level of interdepartmental and customer interface.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Act as a liaison between the sales department and fulfillment department
- Facilitate sales of compost and potting soils to professional growers, home growers and retailers
- Engage in other sales related responsibilities which may include taking over collections, retail accounts, marketing responsibilities, and more
- Monitor calls and emails, and respond to inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Provide support to both the sales and fulfillment departments when needed
- Be on site and available to assist the fulfilment department with the coordination of order data, trucking paperwork, the general fulfilment of orders and administrative work that relates to the sales department
- Ensure excellent customer service and support
Candidates with a strong combination of these qualifications will be considered
- Experience with data management systems: Excel, Google Suite, and Quickbooks (strongly preferred)
- Experience in sales, marketing, customer service, fulfilment, or logistics (strongly preferred)
- Self-directed with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Flexibility: able to prioritize and manage workload in an busy work environment
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills, with a positive outlook, and a sense of humor!
- Ability to effectively multitask and manage many interruptions and personalities
- Experience managing complex logistics
- Motivated and energized to innovate and implement systems to improve internal operations
- Soil science, agronomy, and/or knowledge of organic fruit, vegetable, flower and/or hemp production
Location and Schedule: This is a full time opportunity, but we will consider part time employment for the right candidate. The Sales Associate will need to be on site for three days of the week and will be able to work remotely the other two days. Typical schedule is Monday - Friday, 8AM - 4PM.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation commensurate with experience. If full time, the benefit package includes paid time off, 3% matching IRA, health insurance, dental insurance and more.
To apply, please email a Cover Letter and Resume to Kurt@vermontcompost.com with the subject line “Sales Associate”. We will review applications upon receipt and will begin to schedule interviews shortly thereafter.